It is a site alarm device designed to detect unauthorized entry into a building or area. It is composed of :
- a central alarm, which centralizes the information sent by the detectors and makes the decision to launch the alert,
- motion detectors, door/window contacts, alarm pedals, seismic ...
- of a device (siren, call system) to give warning
- control devices (remote control, keyboard) allowing users to turn the system on or off.
There are two different systems:
- With wire: classically in a star shape around the central;
- Wireless: each module is then equipped with a radio antenna and a transceiver.
The systems can be coupled to telephone transmitters that issue calls or alert messages in case of intrusion.